I recently read an about me post on someone else’s blog and I liked the idea of doing a quick fire Q and A. So here is mine!
- What are some things that most people don’t know about you?
I had teenage epilepsy with no actual cause.
- What are your favourite movies?
13 going on 30, The Lost Boys, The Breakfast Club, most 80s films.
- What is your favourite childhood memory?
My Timon and Pumba anorak, walking in the woods, spending time at my aunties with my cousins.
- Do you have an embarrassing story?
I had a seizure in the middle of a town square… that was pretty embarrassing.
- What has been your greatest success in life so far?
Passing my driving test.
- What are your most epic failures (and how did you overcome them)?
I try not to remember failures as I think that it’s part of human nature and that we should embrace things for as they are and move forward. Does that make any sense?
- What would you say to a younger version of yourself?
Don’t listen to the people that discredit you, adore yourself, do what you want. If you want to be an internet personality, do it. If you want to be a scientist, do it. You make your life, not the girls in your year group.
- What does a typical day in your life look like?
At the moment, I’m not doing much, my life has kind of halted due to my MH, but I am getting back on the horse and going for things, slowly. I am becoming more proactive though now so each morning i am getting up and planning blog posts!
- What is your idea of the “perfect” day?
A warm sunny day, near the beach, sea food dinner with my loved ones.
- If you could have lunch with one person, who would it be?
MJ or Barack Obama.
- What things make you happy?
Food, cuddles, waking up early and realising that you can go back to sleep, a good tv series, seeing the world, being loved.
- What things have you learned from your parents?
How to value money and what it’s worth, budgeting, self respect and self confidence, how to run a home and still be a career boss.
- What is an important lesson you learned recently?
To accept things for what they are and to not worry about the future as it changes every second.
- What is your favourite restaurant?
TGI Fridays / Hard Rock Cafe / Five Guys
- What is your fitness routine?
I tend to do 10 mins cardio to warm up, cross country cycle, core work outs, rowing and then cardio for 10 mins to cool down.
- What is your makeup routine?
Moisturise, prime, foundation, eyebrows, eyeshadow if I’m wearing it, mascara, highlighter and contour, and then lippie last.
- What things can’t you live without?
Mascara, foundation, Netflix, my boyfriend and my mum.
- Do you have any music you’re obsessed with at the moment?
I adore The Greatest Showman soundtrack and the GOTG soundtracks at the moment.
- What books are on your shelf?
The Harry Potter collection, CS Lewis Chronicles of Narnia, countless non-fiction books about child abuse/crimes/things that shocked the nation. A variety!
- What podcasts do you listen to?
I actually don’t listen to podcasts, but I have thought about getting into them, I’ve been told that there’s a few to help with mental mindfulness and anxiety relief.
- What is in your bag?
My phone, my purse, my car keys, so? fresh melon body spray, and ALWAYS one of the NYX lip creams.
- What is your morning routine?
I usually wash my face in the morning, get dressed and then moisturise, prime and do my make up. Nothing exciting.
- What is your bedtime routine?
I will either wipe my make up off with my wipes (I use modelsown) or I use my w7 make up cloth, and then use Mario Badescu products on this post.
- How do you relax after a long day?
I tend to go straight home and put my pjs on in fairness! I’m pretty lazy if I’m not gyming or running errands.
- Can you share pictures of your workplace?
No, I don’t discuss my professional life on the internet.
- What are your hobbies?
Obviously I like to blog, I also enjoy the gym and I often go to the beach at night to relax.
- What are your favourite YouTube channels?
I have recently got into beauty so these are my current favourites.
- What is your most commonly used swear word?
I try not to swear in fairness, but I do have a tendency to say sh*t a fair bit.
- What is your star sign/moon sign?
Taurus is my star sign, libra is my moon sign.
- What is the last book you read?
I’m currently reading a book on serial killers dating from around 1800 – present day and the police enquiries relating to them.
Tag me if you do these questions yourself it’d be cool to see some of your answers.